How Roulette Inside Bets Work: Tips & Strategies
Many roulette players are pivoting towards roulette inside bets, which offer big payouts. Let’s look at all the best inside roulette bets used by players.
What Are Roulette Inside Bets in Irish Casinos?
The inner bets can be placed on a single number or represent a group of numbers, but they must be adjacent.
These bet types offer higher payouts, but at the same time, the probability of winning is drastically lower when compared with outside bets.
Where can I use roulette inside bets?
Such bets can be used in both land-based and online casinos in Ireland.
Inside Bet Area on the Table
The name hints at the inside bets’ location, which is situated in the roulette table’s inner section.
In this area, American and European roulette differ:
- Including the zero, there are 37 numbers for European roulette
- With the double zero, there are 38 numbers for American roulette
In European roulette, every inside bet has an identical house edge of 2.70%.
However, the house edge in American roulette for inside wagers rises to 5.26% because of the extra zero.
Roulette Inside and Outside Bets Placements
Players can place their bets before or during the spin but not after the ball lands on a specific number.
You select your bet by placing chips on the betting layout.
Where are the bet areas located?
The table is subdivided into 2 areas: within the table’s perimeter, gamblers are able to find the outside bets, while the inside bets are at the centre portion of the roulette game table.
Here’s what you should know:
- Outside bets offer smaller payouts because of the higher probability of winning
- This is due to the wider range of numbers within each bet type, which group numbers by colour, odd or even, and other sequences
- In contrast, inside bets are more specific, providing a narrower prediction about the spin’s outcome
This inside bet involves placing a chip on top of a single number without touching the borders of other numbers.
For example, a bet on black 22 is a straight-up bet.
It’s the simplest wager you can make from the inside bet types and is also the one that can offer the biggest return on your investment.
Is this inside bet a good choice for beginners?
Not really. While it’s the simplest of all inside roulette bets, it’s generally a difficult wager to place.
Straight Up Odds and Payout
- The payout for winning a straight-up bet is 35 to 1, meaning for a €10 wager, you can get €360
- Keep in mind that the winning amount includes the original wagered sum
- However, the probability of landing the number is 36 to 1
Playing two numbers at the same time is possible with the split bet.
All that is necessary is to place the chip at the boundary line between the preferred two numbers, and you have a split bet.
If any two selected numbers land, you win the wager.
You can bet on 10 and 11 or 23 and 26. There are multiple combinations you can wager on.
Split Odds and Payout
What happens if only one number lands? In this case, the player gets paid at 17:1 odds.
The probability of actually landing one of the two numbers is 17 and 1/2 to 1.
This inside bet got its name because its number combination is in a table betting layout line where you wager that any three numbers in a given row will hit.
The street bet is made by placing chips in a stack on the outside line of rows nearest to the first number.
A typical street bet can be 4, 5, 6 or 34, 35, and 36.
How many street bet combinations are there?
There are 12 combinations you can make with this inside bets roulette variation. Many of the best online casinos accept these combinations.
Street Odds and Payout in Irish Casinos
- The payout is 11 to 1
- This means that for each chip on the table, you will get 11 additional chips
- The chances of landing one of the three numbers in a given row are 11 and 1/3 to 1
This inside bet is a combination bet sometimes called a square wager.
The reason for the name is the square pattern you get when you place a chip at the interaction of four different numbers.
The wager is valid only if the stack of chips is positioned in the centre of a block of four selected numbers.
What are my options for this type of bet?
Some options include numbers like 17, 18, 20 and 21. Alternatively, you can make a corner bet on 1, 2, 4, and 5.
You are betting that any one of the four chosen numbers will land on the wheel.
Corner Odds and Payout
- The winning payout for a corner bet is 8 to 1
- For a €10 wager, you may win €90, and the probability of hitting the desired number with a corner bet is 8 and a 1/4 to 1
- The odds for payouts and winning probability are evenly matched for all inside bets
Six Line Bet Roulette
The six-line bets cover six consecutive numbers and are frequently referred to as a double street bet because you wager on two adjacent rows.
To place the bet:
- You must place the chip/stack of chips at the line between the rows of numbers you want to bet on;
- For instance, we can assume you want to wager on 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9;
- You get a six-line bet by placing the chip on the boundary line between numbers 4 and 7.
Casino incentives could come in handy when playing roulette
When playing the six line bet in roulette games, some players use casino bonuses to minimise their spending.
Roulette Line Bet Payout and Odds
The six-line bet offers a payout of 5:1.
For every chip wagered on the table, you get 5 chips from the dealer if a number from the sequence of six is the winning number during the spin.
This inside bet engages the zeros during the game by making it possible to make a combination bet.
This incorporates the zero on a European table or the double zero on an American table and the two adjoining numbers.
The options in the European table are 0, 1 and 2, or 0, 2 and 3.
American roulette exception rule
You can use only one of the zeros in the American table for the combination.
Trio Odds and Payout
Playing the zeros in combination bets like the trio wager offers a payout of 11:1.
The inside bet known as “basket bet” can be a four-digit combination or a five-number bet on an American roulette table.
Players wager on numbers 0-1-2-3 with a standard basket bet but add the 00 in a five-number bet.
The chip should be positioned at the boundary line between 0 and 1.
Risks in American roulette
In American roulette, five number basket bet has a reputation for being the worst wager because the house edge rises to 7.9%.
Basket Odds and Payout
European roulette offers a payout of 8:1 for this inside bet.
In American roulette, however, the payout drops to 6:1.
Roulette Inside Bets Strategy Options in Irish Casinos
No roulette inside bet strategy guarantees success.
Even so, players prefer to use betting patterns to stay longer in the game by managing the risks.
Let’s examine a few to help you find the best inside roulette strategy for your gameplay style:
Roulette Line Bet Strategy
With the line bets strategy, you select 5 line bets and wager the same amount on each bet.
Moreover, you are leaving only 6 numbers uncovered on the table.
It’s important to place only 5 line bets because the payout is 5:1, meaning that in case of a win, you will recoup the losses from the other four bets and make a profit.
- A €1 wager on a line bet gets you a payout of €6, the original €1 wager and €5 in winnings, which cover the €4 lost in the other 4 line bets and leave you with a €1 in winnings
- If neither combination lands, double the stake in the next round to recoup the losses from the previous round
The strategy offers small rewards and can be risky if luck is not on your side.
The James Bond Betting Strategy
If feeling adventurous, you may implement what many players regard as the best inside roulette strategy for short gambling sessions:
- The bankroll for the strategy can be a modest €20 or more ambitious €200
- The system is easy to remember because you play with only three bets
- If you are using a €20 budget, in the first round, make a €14 bet on a number between 19 and 36
- In the next round, place a €5 wager on numbers from 13 to 18
During the third strategy round, make a €1 bet on a green 0.
The premise behind the strategy is that it guarantees a win 2/3 of the time, with 25 numbers offering a win.
Are there any risks?
Yes. By using this roulette strategy inside bets only, you can lose 1/3 of the time with 12 numbers.
The Martingale Betting Strategy
The idea behind the strategy is to double the bet after a losing spin.
The logic is that even the longest losing streak must end at some point.
If you double your stake with each spin, you will eventually recuperate your losses and make a small gain.
The Martingale Betting Strategy flaw
The problem with the Martingale betting strategy is that you need a large budget to keep pace, and if the table has a maximum bet limit, you may need help to implement the strategy.
Pros and Cons of Roulette Inside Bets
- Multiple betting options
- The payout odds are high
- It is cost effective
- Online, they can be used via both Irish casino apps and live casino platforms
- Riskier bets than if you used a roulette outside bets strategy
- Random outcomes negate strategies
Did you find out guide to be useful?
Do you have any additional questions? Let us know all your thoughts in the comment section below.